Suits those preparing to skipper their own cruising catamaran.
This program of courses is designed to teach you to be the “Skipper” or take charge and combines both theoretical and on- water education. The skipper is responsible for the safety of the yacht and all crew. These responsibilities include weather forecasting, victualling, engine maintenance, sail selection and vessel handling, passage planning, watch keeping, navigation and pilotage. The package varies depending on previous experience.
- RYA Competent Crew Course – Practical (5 day, 4 night voyage) – Designed for beginners to learn how to be a competent sailor and operate systems safely aboard.
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course – Online theory (8-10 Hours) – you can start this anytime.
- RYA Day Skipper – Online theory (45 hours of Theory + Exam)
- RYA Day Skipper – Practical (5 day, 4 night voyage)
You will be assessed as to your theory, sailing and seamanship skills. This is a pass or fail course and a pass is the minimum requirement for the ICC (International Certificate of Competence – Skipper / Charter vessels worldwide)
Cost $4,830 with Online Theory Course per person, including provisioning
Cost $5,425 with Classroom Theory Course per person, including provisioning
- Add $95 RYA registration, Logbook and certificates.
- 5% discount on Program cost for 2 or more persons
- Single supplement for private cabin POA