Suits those preparing to skipper their own cruising catamaran.
This program of courses is designed to teach you to be the “Skipper” or take charge and combines both theoretical and on- water education. The skipper is responsible for the safety of the yacht and all crew. These responsibilities include weather forecasting, victualling, engine maintenance, sail selection and vessel handling, passage planning, watch keeping, navigation and pilotage. The package varies depending on previous experience.
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course – Virtual or Online theory (10 – 12 hours)
- $355 includes kit – express posted overnight
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased theory (40 hours theory + exam)
- ‘On Line’ $695 includes kit – express posted overnight
- Virtual/Classroom sessions (40 hours – 5 days plus exam) $1290 + Textbooks
- RYA Day Skipper Practical (5 day, 4 nights on board)
- $1,890 on Seawind 1160 includes provisioning on board
- $2,270 on Seawind 1260 includes provisioning on board
- Add $95 AS registration, Insurance, Logbook and certificates.
- 5% discount on program cost for 2 or more persons
- Single supplement for private cabin POA